The photo contest (“Contest”) is organized by Dream Cruises Management Limited (“DCML”) and is only open to registered DreamElite members (“Members”), excluding Junior Members. From 1 May 2019 till 30 June 2019 (both days inclusive). Members must submit their photograph(s) through the DreamElite website photo contest platform by logging into their personal account at DreamElite website loyalty.dreamcruiseline.com. The voting period of the contest is from 1 May 2019 to 30 June 2019 (both days inclusive). The photograph(s) must be taken on Genting Dream or World Dream or Explorer Dream and be relevant to the theme “My Best times on Dream Cruises. Two winners will be selected for The Voter Award and another two for The Elite Award.
Terms and conditions of the Contest
- CONTEST: By entering into the Contest, the Members agree to the terms and conditions herein (“Terms and Conditions”). The Contest is not determined by chance. The Members must be aged 18 or above. Directors, employees and spouses and children of such directors and employees of Genting Hong Kong Limited and its subsidiaries and third party suppliers engaged by DCML (if applicable) for the Contest are ineligible to participate in the Contest.
- SUBMISSION PERIOD: The photo submission period for the Contest is from 1 May 2019 till 30 June 2019 (both days inclusive). No application will be accepted prior to or after the aforementioned photo submission period , and the result will be announced on 25 July 2019. (Hong Kong Date and Time).
- VOTING PERIOD: The photo voting period for the Contest are from 1 May 2019 till 30 June 2019 (both days inclusive), voting cannot be made after 11:59:59 pm on 30 June 2019. (Hong Kong Date and Time)
- PHOTO UPLOAD AND REQUIREMENTS: Each Member can upload a maximum of five (5) photos during the photo submission period. Each photo is to be a maximum of 5 MB in JPEG or JPG format. The description of the photo must specify the cruise embarkation date which the Member was on Genting Dream or World Dream or Explorer Dream.
- PARTICIPATION REWARD FOR PHOTO SUBMISSION: Members will earn 100 Dream Points for each eligible photo successfully uploaded. (For Photo Eligibility, please refer to Part 14). Each member can submit up to 5 photos and will receive a maximum of 500 Dream Points. Dream Points will be credited to members’ accounts by 31 August 2019.
- HOW TO VOTE: A voter must be a DreamElite member and can vote through DreamElite website after login. All members have a right to vote. Only one vote can be given by each member for each photograph.
- PARTICIPATION REWARD FOR VOTERS: 10 Dream Points will accrue to the voting member’s account for each vote cast. There is no limit to the number of votes a member can cast, but 100 is the maximum number of Dream Points each member can earn by voting. No Dream Points will be given for voting for member’s own photos. Dream Points will be credited to members’ accounts by 31 August 2019.
- HOW TO WIN (The Voter Award) : The Champion of this category of photo contest will be determined by the greatest number of votes at the conclusion of the voting period. The 1st Runner Up of this category of photo contest will be determined by the second greatest number of votes at the conclusion of the voting period. In the event of a draw, the earliest uploaded photo will be the winner. Each member is eligible to win only one of the two prizes. In the event of the same member receiving the greatest and second greatest number of votes, the different member with the next greatest number of votes will be deemed to be the 1st Runner Up.
- HOW TO WIN (The Elite Award) : The winning photos (Champion and 1st Runner Up) will be selected by a team of judges that is formed by management of DCML. Judging Criteria are based on: (1) Creativity; (2) Photographic Quality; (3) Relevancy to the theme; (4) cruise elements. Decisions of the judges are final and binding. DCML reserves the right to change the winner selection method at its sole discretion.
- PHOTO WINNER NOTIFICATION: The winner of Voter Award and Elite Award will be announced in DreamElite website loyalty.dreamcruiseline.com on 25 Jul 2019 and the winner will be notified using the contact details provided at the time of their membership registration within fourteen (14) working days of the announcement. In this connection, the Members shall be solely responsible for ensuring that their contact details are correct and up-to-date. If within seven (7) working days after the notification is sent by DCML, the winner cannot be contacted or fails to reply to DCML or the prize remains unclaimed by the winner for whatever reason, the prize will automatically be forfeited without further notification.
- PRIZES: Each member is eligible to win only one prize. The Champion of The Voter Award and The Elite Award in the Contest will receive a complimentary World Dream or Genting Dream Balcony Stateroom 2-Night Cruise for two respectively. The 1st Runner Up of The Voter Award and The Elite Award in the Contest will receive a complimentary World Dream or Genting Dream Interior Stateroom 2-Night Cruise for two respectively. DCML reserves the right to offer prize substitutions. Any change to prize will be updated in the Contest's "Theme & Award" section on the DreamElite website and the Members shall be solely responsible for checking any changes that may be made to the prize.
- REPRESENTATION AND WARRANTY: By entering into the Contest, the Member(s) represents and warrants that:
- The Member is the sole and original author and owner of copyright, intellectual property and all other proprietary rights in all pictures entered, or the Member(s) has obtained the signed written approvals or licences from the original owner and author to submit the photographs to the Contest;
- Each photograph does not infringe upon the copyright, trademark or other intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights of any third party or entity, or violate any person’s rights of privacy or publicity;
- Each photograph does not contain any content that is threatening, false, misleading, abusive, harassing, libelous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic, superstitious, terrifying, violent, discriminatory and profane; or is related to gambling; or is adverse to the reputation of DCML, Genting Hong Kong Limited, its subsidiaries and affiliates;
- All title, interest, intellectual property rights in and associated with the photographs submitted to the Contest shall be and at all times remain the exclusive property of DCML. The Member disclaims any ownership, rights or interests therein;
- The Members agree that any photograph submitted to the Contest, their name, as well as their appearance, image, likeness, or any information that may identify him or her (collectively, “Appearance”), may be used by DCML for the purpose of the Contest (including but not limited to announcement of winner and publicity related to the Contest) and DCML’s promotional materials. By entering the Contest, the Members hereby grant, or in the case where the Members are not the photograph’s sole and original creator or author, the Members have procured the creator and author’s written consent to grant, DCML an exclusive, transferable, irrevocable and perpetual licence throughout the world and in all media, without requiring any royalty, fee, payment or consideration from DCML, for any use of the photograph, name and/or Appearance (as the case may be) for the purpose of the Contest (including but not limited to announcement of winner and publicity related to the Contest) and DCML’s promotional materials, without requiring to give prior notice to the Members. Members entering the photo contest are deemed to have consented to this term. If a member does not consent to this term, such member shall not participate in the Contest;
- Where the photograph submitted to the Contest contains the Appearance of persons other than the Member, the Member has obtained from such person(s) a signed release or written approval in respect of the following matters:
- For the photograph containing the Appearance be submitted to the Contest;
- Granting a worldwide, exclusive, transferable, irrevocable and perpetual licence to DCML to use, edit, modify, reproduce, publish, promote, distribute or incorporate into other works in part or in whole the Appearance for the purpose of DCML’s marketing and promotional activities in any medium (whether in print, electronic or broadcast media). All rights to inspect or approve the edited or finished works containing the Appearance shall be waived. He or she further waives any right to demand royalties, compensation or other consideration from DCML, Genting Hong Kong Limited and its subsidiaries and affiliates; and
- The submission, use, modification or such other act in relation to the Appearance as stated herein will not breach or infringe upon other parties’ rights, or his or her contractual obligations to other parties.
- INDEMNITY: Each Member shall fully release, discharge, defend, indemnify and hold DCML including Genting Hong Kong Limited and its subsidiaries and affiliates from and against all claims, liabilities, proceedings, losses, damages, costs and expenses (including but not limited to legal expenses) awarded against, incurred or paid by DCML arising out of or in connection with, whether directly or indirectly, the Contest, the photograph submitted to the Contest, or any act, omission or breach or non-compliance with any of the Terms and Conditions, or representation or warranty given by the Member. This indemnification shall survive despite the end of the Contest.
- PHOTO ELIGIBILITY: Photos which had been submitted in photo contest organized by DCML during the period from 1 May 2018 to 30 June 2018 cannot be re-submitted in this photo contest. It is the sole and unfettered discretion of DCML to disqualify, remove or edit any photographs, including but not limited to photos containing obscene, provocative, defamatory, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable, indecent or inappropriate content, or same/ similar contents uploaded by the same member, even after the photograph is submitted or the winner is announced. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, DCML assumes no responsibility to check that the photographs comply with the Terms and Conditions and the Members shall be solely responsible for any liability arising out of the photographs submitted and shall release DCML from any liabilities thereof.
- DISCLAIMER: DCML does not represent, warrant or guarantee the fitness for purpose or quality of the prize, and shall bear no liability in respect of any matter arising from or in connection with the prize. The prize shall not be transferable or exchangeable for cash, credit, goods or services. DCML is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the official rules or administration of the Contest. DCML accepts no responsibility for any entries that are lost, delayed, damaged, stolen, misdirected or mislaid. DCML is not responsible for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, or delay in operations or transmission of all or part of the Member’s information including the photograph, or the notification to or announcement of the selected winner, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind.
- DISPUTE: In case of any dispute, DCML reserves the right of final decision.
- PERSONAL INFORMATION: The Member or any person featured in the photograph submitted for the Contest has the right to obtain a copy of, check and review, supplement or revise, delete and stop or opt out from the collection, process or use of their name and/or Appearance provided to DCML. Any such request or other inquiries or complaints in respect of their name and/or Appearance should be made in writing to: [firstname.lastname@example.org]. Please take note that if any Member or person featured in the photograph submitted to the Contest dispute, withdraw, revise, delete, stop or opt out from the collection, process or use of their name and/or Appearance provided to DCML, the Member may be disqualified and his or her entry discarded as ineligible and invalid.
- GENERAL MATTERS: The Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Hong Kong SAR. Courts of Hong Kong SAR shall have non-exclusive jurisdiction in the event of any disputes, claims or proceedings arising from or in connection with the Contest and the Terms and Conditions. DCML reserves the right to amend, suspend, postpone or terminate any part of the Contest, the submission deadline, the prize, and/or the Terms and Conditions at any time without prior notice or reason. The invalidity, illegality or unenforceability of any provision in these Terms and Conditions shall not affect other provisions of these Terms and Conditions, which shall remain in full force and effect. No person other than the Member will have any right to enforce the Terms and Conditions. If there is any inconsistency or conflict between the English, Chinese or other language translation of these Terms and Conditions, the English version shall prevail.
Last Updated Date: 2019-05-06